CAD Fantastic Jewellery Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions Overview
These terms and conditions apply to your use of www.cadfantasticjewellery.com (the “website”) and purchase of goods or services directly from CAD Fantastic Jewellery. Here you will also find information on our policies for orders and returns, intellectual property, privacy, and security.
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using the site. Using this site and/or placing an order signifies your agreeing to accept the terms and conditions of use for this site and our services. If you do not accept these terms, do not use the site.
You must be 18 years of age or older to purchase goods from the site. If you are under 18, you may use the site only with the involvement of a parent or guardian. Your use of the site is void where prohibited.
These terms and conditions can be printed out by selecting print from the file menu of your browser. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.
Intellectual Property and Site Functionality
The images and content on the site are for informational purposes only and are automatically protected under UK copyright law.
You may not copy, reproduce, distribute, republish, download, display, post or transmit any part of the website without written consent from us. Images or content from this website may be printed out for legitimate use only when relating to CAD Fantastic Jewellery.
You shall not use the website in any way that will damage it or interrupt its provision. You shall not use the website to transmit or post any computer viruses. We cannot guarantee that the website is free from computer viruses, and you should take your own precautions in this respect.
We will try to make sure that the website is always available. However, this is not always possible, and we are not liable if the website is unavailable.
The website may contain links to other websites; these external websites are not under our control. We cannot be held responsible for such websites and cannot make any guarantees about them. We provide these links because we think they might interest you, but we do not monitor or endorse these other websites.
We reserve the right to terminate the website or remove any of the services on it with immediate effect at any time.
While we make every effort to avoid errors in content or information, very occasionally information displayed on our site may be incorrect due to system errors. If such an error does occur we will not honour inaccurate or erroneous prices.
Returns and Adjustments Policy
We go to every effort to ensure you are 100% happy with and purchases made through our site, whether a pre-made design from the catalogue or as a bespoke design.
In the case of bespoke designs, or orders which have been customised for you in any way other than the ring size, all such bespoke sales cannot be refunded or exchanged. However, if there is a fault with any piece (bespoke or otherwise) or if you are unhappy with the design, the piece can be repaired or modified after the fact as necessary. As good faith, we are happy to make minor adjustments within the first 30 days of purchase without charge.
Contact us and we can discuss details on this, or in the cases when you ordered a design as-is from the catalogue.
Cancellations and Exchanges
An order is officially placed once you have agreed to the design brief and terms, and paid a deposit. Once that has taken place, if the order is cancelled the deposit is non-refundable.
Shipping Costs and Damage Claims
When goods are ordered, the customer will be given a choice of methods of shipment and insurance, and these costs will be added to the customer's final bill.
Delivery times will be based upon the choice of delivery method and carrier, and the customer will be notified of the time estimates provided by the carrier. CAD Fantastic Jewellery will do everything they can to ensure safe problem free delivery (including providing correct customs information).
If your shipment is damaged in transit you must contact us within 48 hours of delivery.
Any problems must be reported in writing or by email and customer cannot return goods until they have received a written authorisation. Goods sent back without one will not be credited or refunded.
Damaged Goods and Repairs
You have a legal obligation to take reasonable care of the goods when they are in your possession.
If you should receive an item you have ordered that is defective or damaged by no fault of your own, please contact us as soon as possible. We will work with you to resolve any issues as quickly as possible by repairing the item, replacing your order or refunding the amount paid.
When returning items you must obtain proof of posting as we cannot accept responsibility for parcels lost in transit. Furthermore, returns must be made via a postal service which carries a level of insurance cover that is adequate to cover the full cost of replacement. Please contact your local post office to enquire what services and insurance levels are available, as these do change from time to time.
Methods of Payment
We are able to use BACS as well as PayPal, through which we can accept most major credit cards.
For international orders, as a result of bank charges for BACS payments and PayPal, each transaction will incur an additional £15 charge on top of the order value.
Our Bespoke Jewellery Process: What to Expect
- Make sure to check the design brief above is as you want it to be before we start. The further we get into the process, the harder (and more expensive) it will be to change direction.
- The price quoted for the design reflects the above design brief details. Once we’ve started, minor changes to the design which stay within the above brief are considered minor revisions (see section 6 below). Changes that would change the brief itself are considered major changes, and would requ1ire a revision cost being added to the price listed above.
- Once the initial design has been agreed, a deposit to cover materials is requested (normally 50%) before I begin making your piece. Once this has been paid, work begins immediately.
- The first part of my manufacturing process involves the use of computers to help guarantee what you saw in the original drawings is what you get. As an added bonus to you, I like to show you a computer-rendered image (or CAD image) of the piece to give you an idea of what it will look like when finished. This is yours to keep.
- While I try to make this CAD image as realistic as possible, it won’t be a 100% perfect representation of the final ring. The final piece always seems to end up looking a little bit more delicate than the computer rendered image.
- If you wish to make any refinements or tweaks to the design after seeing the 3D model, I have allowed up to 2 minor revisions to the design within the price. If any additional minor revisions, or any major changes are requested (such as using an entirely new gemstone or gem shape), this will lead to a revision cost being added to the price listed above.
- Once you’re happy with the computer render, we’ll start final production of the piece. At this point any requested changes to the design of the piece will be more difficult to implement and thus more expensive, and would be reflected in subsequent revision costs.
- When the ring is ready I will let you know, and we can arrange a time for pick up. The remaining balance of the price will be due on delivery. Upon payment, the piece is yours. All I request is your permission to show images of the design in my promotional materials.
- To help you with valuation and insurance later, all precious metal will be hallmarked to confirm quality, and if the gemstones are large enough to come with certificates, those will of course be provided as well on final delivery.
Order Processing, Confirmations, and Delivery Times
Due to the nature of how we produce or work, all orders are handled with direct contact and discussion with the design team.
Following your quote request online, you will receive a response from our design team. Through them all orders will be agreed in writing before we proceed.
Unless specified otherwise, most orders will take between 5-8 weeks to complete and deliver. This can vary or change depending on the time of year or the nature of the design.
Our Standard of Quality for Quotes
We are committed to delivering a higher quality standard for all our pieces than most jewellers on the market. For all listed prices on the website and in our initial quotes, all our pieces assume a following minimum (high) standard of quality:
All metal will be tested for quality and hallmarked by the Goldsmiths Company in London, an organisation of which I am a member. It will bear the full maker’s mark, providing certification and guarantee of the ring’s provenance, metal quality, and year of creation.
All diamonds which can be certified come with GIA certificates. Unless specified otherwise, all diamonds are provided with a clarity grade of at least SI1, which means that they contain only slight inclusions. With regards to the diamond’s colour, they are all graded F or better, which is described as near colourless.
All coloured stones, unless explicitly requested otherwise by the client, are natural and not synthetic. This means there will be slight variations in appearance between what you see in the piece and the original CAD images.
Measurements and Weights
All measurements and weights provided on the site are approximate and have been rounded up or down to the nearest 0.1 millimetre, gram, or 0.01 carat. While every effort has been made to ensure these measurements and weights are correct, we accept no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to stated sizes or weights on our websites. If you have any doubt about the weights or sizes of what has been provided, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Disclaimer and Liability
All jewellery on this website is not shown to scale for illustration purposes.
All of the diamonds/gemstones used in CAD Fantastic Jewellery are from non-conflict countries.
We reserve the right to change prices or specification without prior notice.
We reserve the right to change, modify, substitute or remove without notice any information on the site from time to time. While we will endeavour to ensure that all descriptions and illustrations of the items on the site or in our catalogue or otherwise provided to you by us are accurate but we cannot guarantee that this site and its contents are completely free of technical errors, viruses or anything else that may have a harmful effect on any technology.
In no event shall CAD Fantastic Jewellery be liable for any indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages of any kind, regardless of the form of action, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), strict product liability or otherwise, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
If you are not satisfied with the site, then please email us with your comments.
These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights (if appropriate) as a consumer.
These Terms & Conditions of use are governed by the law of England and you and we agree to use the English courts if there is any dispute between us.
If any part of these Terms & Conditions of use is found to be invalid by law, the rest of them remain valid and enforceable.
Data Collection and Privacy
We use your data to provide and improve the Service. By using the Service, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy. We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you ("Personal Data"). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send.
We may also collect information how the Service is accessed and used ("Usage Data"). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking Cookies Data
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data
CAD Fantastic Jewellery uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
CAD Fantastic Jewellery may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it's not overridden by your rights
- For payment processing purposes
- To comply with the law
Retention of Data
CAD Fantastic Jewellery will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer Of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside United Kingdom and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to United Kingdom and process it there.
Disclosure Of Data
CAD Fantastic Jewellery may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of CAD Fantastic Jewellery
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security Of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. CAD Fantastic Jewellery aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where CAD Fantastic Jewellery relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service ("Service Providers"), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
We may provide paid products and/or services within the Service. In that case, we use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors).
The payment processors we work with are:
PayPal or Braintree
Links To Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 ("Children").
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.