Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to your use of www.cadfantastic.com (the “website”) and purchase of goods or services directly from CAD Fantastic Jewellery. Here you will also find information on our policies for orders and returns, intellectual property, privacy, and security.
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using the site. Using this site and/or placing an order signifies your agreeing to accept the terms and conditions of use for this site and our services. If you do not accept these terms, do not use the site.
You must be 18 years of age or older to purchase goods from the site. If you are under 18, you may use the site only with the involvement of a parent or guardian. Your use of the site is void where prohibited.
These terms and conditions can be printed out by selecting print from the file menu of your browser. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.
Intellectual Property and Site Functionality
The images and content on the site are for informational purposes only and are automatically protected under UK copyright law.
You may not copy, reproduce, distribute, republish, download, display, post or transmit any part of the website without written consent from us. Images or content from this website may be printed out for legitimate use only when relating to CAD Fantastic Jewellery.
You shall not use the website in any way that will damage it or interrupt its provision. You shall not use the website to transmit or post any computer viruses. We cannot guarantee that the website is free from computer viruses, and you should take your own precautions in this respect.
We will try to make sure that the website is always available. However, this is not always possible, and we are not liable if the website is unavailable.
The website may contain links to other websites; these external websites are not under our control. We cannot be held responsible for such websites and cannot make any guarantees about them. We provide these links because we think they might interest you, but we do not monitor or endorse these other websites.
We reserve the right to terminate the website or remove any of the services on it with immediate effect at any time.
While we make every effort to avoid errors in content or information, very occasionally information displayed on our site may be incorrect due to system errors. If such an error does occur we will not honour inaccurate or erroneous prices.
Returns and Adjustments Policy
We go to every effort to ensure you are 100% happy with and purchases made through our site, whether a pre-made design from the catalogue or as a bespoke design.
In the case of bespoke designs, or orders which have been customised for you in any way other than the ring size, all such bespoke sales cannot be refunded or exchanged. However, if there is a fault with any piece (bespoke or otherwise) or if you are unhappy with the design, the piece can be repaired or modified after the fact as necessary. As good faith, we are happy to make minor adjustments within the first 30 days of purchase without charge.
Contact us and we can discuss details on this, or in the cases when you ordered a design as-is from the catalogue.
Cancellations and Exchanges
An order is officially placed once you have agreed to the design brief and terms, and paid a deposit. Once that has taken place, if the order is cancelled the deposit is non-refundable.
Damaged Goods and Repairs
You have a legal obligation to take reasonable care of the goods when they are in your possession.
If you should receive an item you have ordered that is defective or damaged by no fault of your own, please contact us as soon as possible. We will work with you to resolve any issues as quickly as possible by repairing the item, replacing your order or refunding the amount paid.
When returning items you must obtain proof of posting as we cannot accept responsibility for parcels lost in transit. Furthermore, returns must be made via a postal service which carries a level of insurance cover that is adequate to cover the full cost of replacement. Please contact your local post office to enquire what services and insurance levels are available, as these do change from time to time.
Methods of Payment
We are able to use BACS as well as PayPal, through which we can accept most major credit cards.
For international orders, as a result of bank charges for BACS payments and PayPal, each transaction will incur an additional £15 charge on top of the order value.
Our Bespoke Jewellery Process: What to Expect
- Make sure to check the design brief above is as you want it to be before we start. The further we get into the process, the harder (and more expensive) it will be to change direction.
- The price quoted for the design reflects the above design brief details. Once we’ve started, minor changes to the design which stay within the above brief are considered minor revisions (see section 6 below). Changes that would change the brief itself are considered major changes, and would requ1ire a revision cost being added to the price listed above.
- Once the initial design has been agreed, a deposit to cover materials is requested (normally 50%) before I begin making your piece. Once this has been paid, work begins immediately.
- The first part of my manufacturing process involves the use of computers to help guarantee what you saw in the original drawings is what you get. As an added bonus to you, I like to show you a computer-rendered image (or CAD image) of the piece to give you an idea of what it will look like when finished. This is yours to keep.
- While I try to make this CAD image as realistic as possible, it won’t be a 100% perfect representation of the final ring. The final piece always seems to end up looking a little bit more delicate than the computer rendered image.
- If you wish to make any refinements or tweaks to the design after seeing the 3D model, I have allowed up to 2 minor revisions to the design within the price. If any additional minor revisions, or any major changes are requested (such as using an entirely new gemstone or gem shape), this will lead to a revision cost being added to the price listed above.
- Once you’re happy with the computer render, we’ll start final production of the piece. At this point any requested changes to the design of the piece will be more difficult to implement and thus more expensive, and would be reflected in subsequent revision costs.
- When the ring is ready I will let you know, and we can arrange a time for pick up. The remaining balance of the price will be due on delivery. Upon payment, the piece is yours. All I request is your permission to show images of the design in my promotional materials.
- To help you with valuation and insurance later, all precious metal will be hallmarked to confirm quality, and if the gemstones are large enough to come with certificates, those will of course be provided as well on final delivery.
Order Processing, Confirmations, and Delivery Times
Due to the nature of how we produce or work, all orders are handled with direct contact and discussion with the design team.
Following your quote request online, you will receive a response from our design team. Through them all orders will be agreed in writing before we proceed.
Unless specified otherwise, most orders will take between 5-8 weeks to complete and deliver. This can vary or change depending on the time of year or the nature of the design.
Our Standard of Quality for Quotes
We are committed to delivering a higher quality standard for all our pieces than most jewellers on the market. For all listed prices on the website and in our initial quotes, all our pieces assume a following minimum (high) standard of quality:
All metal will be tested for quality and hallmarked by the Goldsmiths Company in London, an organisation of which I am a member. It will bear the full maker’s mark, providing certification and guarantee of the ring’s provenance, metal quality, and year of creation.
All diamonds which can be certified come with GIA certificates. Unless specified otherwise, all diamonds are provided with a clarity grade of at least SI1, which means that they contain only slight inclusions. With regards to the diamond’s colour, they are all graded F or better, which is described as near colourless.
All coloured stones, unless explicitly requested otherwise by the client, are natural and not synthetic. This means there will be slight variations in appearance between what you see in the piece and the original CAD images.
Measurements and Weights
All measurements and weights provided on the site are approximate and have been rounded up or down to the nearest 0.1 millimetre, gram, or 0.01 carat. While every effort has been made to ensure these measurements and weights are correct, we accept no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to stated sizes or weights on our websites. If you have any doubt about the weights or sizes of what has been provided, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Disclaimer and Liability
All jewellery on this website is not shown to scale for illustration purposes.
All of the diamonds/gemstones used in CAD Fantastic Jewellery are from non-conflict countries.
We reserve the right to change prices or specification without prior notice.
We reserve the right to change, modify, substitute or remove without notice any information on the site from time to time. While we will endeavour to ensure that all descriptions and illustrations of the items on the site or in our catalogue or otherwise provided to you by us are accurate but we cannot guarantee that this site and its contents are completely free of technical errors, viruses or anything else that may have a harmful effect on any technology.
In no event shall CAD Fantastic Jewellery be liable for any indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages of any kind, regardless of the form of action, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), strict product liability or otherwise, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
If you are not satisfied with the site, then please email us with your comments.
These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights (if appropriate) as a consumer.
These Terms & Conditions of use are governed by the law of England and you and we agree to use the English courts if there is any dispute between us.
If any part of these Terms & Conditions of use is found to be invalid by law, the rest of them remain valid and enforceable.